SAT/ACT Prep Work
Create a personalized testing and prep plan for the ACT®, SAT®, PSAT®
Live online Strategy Session with your personally matched expert college admissions counselor
College App Strategy + Review Session
Our experts will analyze your transcript and map out your plan to maximize your admissions chances. Our sessions take a new approach to show you how to showcase yourself.
Schedule Strategy Session
College Prep Experience
Our English teachers & trained professionals can help brainstorm, develop, revise & polish your unique point of view. Interactive sessions with downloadable resources & guidance in writing, studying & test taking.
The College Admissions Roadmap(15) 5.0 average rating
Get instant access to the complete college admissions experience that includes our exclusive how-to video series, virtual group conferences, and Westward Scholars’ digital blueprint & 1-on-1 coaching for the highest acceptance rate.
Sandy Thornton has spent many years working with students of all ages in education and with college admissions, including:
- Interviewing & evaluating high school students for college admissions since 1984
- Guiding & assisting college-bound students with all aspects of applying to college, enabling them to gain admittance to their top choices, including many elite universities
- Meeting university admissions personnel and students while working college fairs and visiting college campuses
- Conducting ongoing research on current university admissions trends and requirements
- Guiding students and supporting business professionals in all areas of English composition as a certified secondary English teacher
- Helping middle and high school students prepare for standardized tests
- UCLA Extension, Certificate in College Counseling
- St. Joseph’s University, PA Teaching Certificate English, Secondary Education
- Widener University School of Law, Juris Doctor, Admitted to Pennsylvania & New Jersey Bars
- Denison University, Bachelor of Arts, Double Major: English (Writing Emphasis) & Spanish
Lisa Turner is an English teacher at Central York High School in York, PA, a course developer and instructor with Eduspire (an educational professional development organization), and a former associate professor at Ashford University.
Lisa has taught English to middle and high school students for more than 15 years. In this capacity, Lisa has worked on essay writing skills with thousands of students and is a published writer, as well. In addition to teaching traditional English classes, Lisa also teaches a high school course that focuses on “real world” communication through career research and post-secondary education exploration.
- Northcentral University, Doctorate in Education, Education Technology Management
- Pennsylvania State University, Masters in Education, Teaching and Curriculum
- York College of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts, Secondary English Education